ARTS & CULTURE PROJECTS
The Creative Industries Strategy aims to develop the creative industries and increase contribution to the economy, community development and urban regeneration.
In order to be considered proposals must demonstrate how they: Invest in the development of cultural workers. Develop and promote the products and services of creative clusters and enterprises.
SPORT & RECREATION PROJECTS
In order to effectively implement the Gauteng Sport Policy and the Gauteng Sport Plan, the Department aims, to call on the Sport and Recreation Organisations to submit proposals for projects that clearly demonstrate the following criteria:
An increased number of people participating in sport and recreational activities and leading to healthier lifestyles (Development and sport programmes in new areas). Equal access and increased participation of women, youth and persons with disabilities in sport. Capacity building programmes for sport administrators, coaches and technical official.
The following are funded through the grant-in-aid process: Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture Organisations, Companies and Clubs.
Projects to be implemented between April 2018 and March 2019.
The application forms and the 2018 guidelines are available on www.gauteng.gov.za or at the Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation, 35 Rissik Street, Johannesburg. Application forms can also be downloaded here.
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- Certified copy of Registration Certificate
- Audited Financial Statements (Not more than 1 year old) or letter from the auditor for new companies or organisations
- Signed and dated Constitution / Articles and Memorandum of Association / Trust Deed/ Company profile
- Original Tax Clearance Certificate and a Certified copy of a Tax Exemption letter where applicable
- Certified copy of ID from the Project Coordinators
- Certified copy of the last 3 months bank statements/ or letter from the bank for new accounts
- Costed Project Implementation plan
- Only Gauteng based organisations may apply and projects must be implemented in Gauteng. No faxed or e-mail copies will be allowed. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be processed. All required documentation must be attached to the application form
- Previous funded Applicants must have submitted all outstanding Progress Reports on any grants previously received from the Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation
- Organisations must be registered for vendor number on the database of the Provincial Department of Finance
- Non-Compliant applications will not be considered (All the above required documents must be submitted at the time of applications)
- Applicants that have received funding in the past three years will not be considered for funding.
NB: All applicants must demonstrate how their programs will contribute towards Social Cohesion and Nation Building. Consideration for funding will be at the discretion of the adjudication committee.
All completed application forms should be submitted on or before the closing date of 28 February 2017 at 16:00 to:
Department Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation: 35 Rissik Street, Johannesburg 2001 or Private Bag X33, Johannesburg, 2000
Enquiries on Policy and Grant-In-Aid process issues: Thabiso Masilo Tel: (011) 355 2785.
General Enquiries: Abigail Nukeri Tel: (011) 355 2684. Mafa Malindi Tel: (011) 355 2986.